HOW TO SOLVE OVERLAY PROBLEM FOR WINDOW MEDIA PLAYER IN WINDOW XP
It's always our interest to solve the technical issues faced by our customers. Interestingly we received this inquiry (not related to our product anyway) from one of our customers, complaining to us that his window media player could not not play mpg or mpeg files. There was sound, but the picture quality was so bad. He searched through the web, did all kinds of staff, as advised, but could not find the solution. We are glad that we were able to help him out.
We believe there must be quite a number of people out there having this same problem. So, we decided to create this web page to help..... just a part of our community service to contribute to the growing of the internet.
SOLUTION NO. 1
1. Close all software programes.
2. Open the window media player (version 9, 10 etc.) and play a mpeg file in small window.
3. Right click on the desktop screen, then click on "Property", then click on "Settings", then click on "Advance" button, then click on "S3Overlay". Click on "Default" button or change the setting as you wish. Finally click on "Apply" button, then click "OK" to close the display properties window.
4. Your window media player should be working now.
If the above method cannot solve your problem, or if your system does not allow you to do so. You can try solution no. 2 below.
SOLUTION NO. 2
1. Open the window media player and play a mpeg file in small window.
2. Right click on the media player, then click "Option...", then click "Performance", then click on "Advance..." button. Check the "Use high quality mode" option. Click on "OK" button, then click "Apply", click "Yes". Finally click on "OK" button to close the Option window.
3. Your window media player should be working now.
Hope you find these informations helpful. Feel free to share with your friends. And finally..... enjoy your videos!!